Gum Rejuvenation – Make teeth shorter
Gum recession causes the tooth root to become exposed, which can make the teeth look long and can prematurely age a person. Aggressive tooth-brushing and periodontal disease are two primary causes for recession, which can lead to the following:
- Unattractive smile
- Root sensitivity
- Loss of supporting bone
- Tooth decay
- Plaque build-up
- Risk of further recession
Benefits of Gum Grafting
A gum graft can reduce further recession and bone loss. In some cases, it can cover exposed roots to protect them from decay. This may reduce tooth sensitivity and improve aesthetics of your smile.
Whether you have a gum graft to improve function or aesthetics, patients often receive the benefits of both; a beautiful new smile and improved periodontal health — your keys to smiling, eating and speaking with comfort and confidence. For all your gum grafting needs contact Southern Minnesota Periodontics, P.A. today!
State-Of-The-Art Periodontal Procedures
- Free Gingival Graft- A strip of gum tissue from another area of the mouth stabilizes the graft site.
- Pedicle Graft- A flap of tissue is moved laterally to provide graft site stability.
- Subepithelial connective tissue graft- Connective tissue from a small flap in the palate is placed over the graft site.
- Allograft matrix- Donated human tissue is used as graft material.